Armagetron is a multiplayer game in 3d that attempts to emulate and expand on
the lightcycle sequence from the movie Tron. It's an old school arcade game sl
ung into the 21st century. Highlights include a customizable playing arena, HU
D, unique graphics, and AI bots. For the more advanced player there are new ga
me modes and a wide variety of physics settings to tweak as well.
Battlestar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line
• Powered by the revamped Freespace 2 engine
• Entirely stand-alone, Freespace 2 not required
• Accurately detailed high-resolution ship models
• High quality, originally engineered audio
• Authentic, original in-game soundtrack, in addition to pieces by Bear McCreary and Richard Gibbs
• Original characters and voice acting
• A three mission single player campaign depicting never-before-seen eve
nts, interwoven with and true to the series’ storyline
• Head online and go head-to-head with your friends—and foes—in intens
e multiplayer missions including Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and others
• Exciting Viper combat with authentic weaponry and flight controls
BZFlag is a free online multiplayer cross-platform open source 3D tank battle
game. The name originates from "Battle Zone capture the Flag". It runs on Irix
, Linux, BSD, Windows, Mac OS X, and many other platforms. It's one of the mos
t popular open source games ever on Silicon Graphics machines and continues to
be developed and improved to this day.
Cube 2 "Sauerbraten"
Free single and multiplayer first person shooter game with some satisfying fas
t oldskool gameplay. A large variety of gameplay modes from classic SP to fast
1 on 1 MP and objective based teamplay, with a great variety of original maps
to play on.
Level editing has never been so much fun: a press of a key allows you to modif
y the geometry / textures / entities in-game, on the fly. Even more novel, you
can make maps together with others online, in the unique "coop edit" mode.